25 May 2009

"Everyone should be able to do one card trick, tell two jokes, and recite three poems, in case they are ever trapped in an elevator."
Lemony Snicket

Amusing but true!


Just tonight, i realised that my two little cousins, whom my mum recently decided to babysit, actually bring the family closer. Probably, a family that dines together, stays together. Haha i just made that up but i think it makes sense, really! :)
Dining together, despite having a dinning room and a dinning table and more than enough food and utensils, haven't been much of a tradition in my family. It used to be 4 persons, until my brother and i decided to eat in front of the telly instead, and until someone just left the home entirely. And then came a point when it just doesn't matter.
But lately, i realised that dinner time is spending quality time! --- Ok maybe not lately, i knew it theortically long ago, it just wasn't applicable--- I was the last to reach the table and was a tiny weeny surprised to see that the seats are filled, since normally i would be the only one sitting there most of the time (before my cousins came along). And so we talked!

I think most of us really take the fact that we have a family and home cooked food (despite how weird it taste sometimes...) and the warmth of a home for granted. Oh well. I do wish my dad was around to change the lightbulb sometimes.

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment